Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Things I think I LOVE!!

Hi everybody!   I hope you all had a good weekend!  We went Kayaking on the lake near our house and got burned to a crisp!  I don't know how I made it 32 years and still don't remember to put on sunblock.  Maybe this burn will make me remember in the future!

Today I am sharing all the things I think I love this week. 

1.      Newsies on Broadway –When I was a kid Newsies was one of my favorite movies.  It’s such a good story and Christian Bale was the best.  Plus it’s a musical!  That being said, the Broadway production might be even better.  I really love the movie, but watching the Broadway version I was seriously torn!  I think I still love them both but just in different ways.  My sister said it best…”I spent the first half of the Broadway production wanting to watch the movie and the second half wanting to start it over and watch it again!”  It doesn’t hurt that Jeremy Jordan is a total stud.  Either way I suggest checking it out.

2.      Nutcracker – I bought a bag of mixed nuts.  When I got home I realized we don’t have a nutcracker!  I have been looking at different options and at first I was just going to go with the standard run of the mill nutcracker.  Then I saw this…       It looks so much more interesting.  If I am going to be leaving it out on my bar I want it to fit my design.  This is definitely on my to buy list.

3.      Eye Mask – Nate has been talking about adding a monitor to our bedroom.  So when he wakes up in the middle of the night he doesn’t have to go downstairs to check out the cameras.  I don’t know about you but light disturbs my sleep.  At first I gave him an outright no, but as I was thinking about it more I realized I can get an eye mask and we can both be happy.  This will help keep the sunlight from waking me to early too.  Win win!

4.      Hyperbole and a half – My mom gave me this book to read.  I couldn’t put it down.  The stories are so funny and relatable.  I love how honest and open she is.  Definitely one to put on your reading list.

5.      Succulents – I love the look of succulents.  However, I cannot keep plants alive.  When I found these faux succulents at the dollar tree I could not pick them up fast enough!  They are actually really good looking and for only $1 I couldn’t be happier.  Now I just have to figure out where I want to put them.


What do you love??

XOXO,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment